Today world is becoming a global village due to an increase in energy demand. The daily energy requirement across the globe is increasing beyond the installable generation capacity limits. Therefore, the energy demand should be supported by utilising renewable energy resources. Today the contribution of renewable energy to the world’s energy is not high.
Currently, India is the world’s third-largest electricity consumer and became the third largest renewable energy producer in 2020 after it achieved about 38% of energy production (136GW of 373GW) from renewables.
Barriers to renewable energy
A lot of problems and barriers are faced while developing renewable energy. There is a huge gap between India and other developed countries regarding commercialisation and industrialisation.
- Cost barrier – Traditionally used resources like fossils have a lower price than renewables. Also, renewable energy production is costlier compared to fossil fuels. Therefore, one of the significant barriers is small scale and low production technology.
- Market share barrier– The share of renewable sources in the market is relatively low. The decreasing prices can be obtain by creating a developed market share.
- Policy barrier- Policy implementation is one of the crucial steps in the process. Therefore, the support for the policies must increase, and shortly, renewable energy production should be at an industrial scale.
Why is it hard to quit fossil fuels?
There is no doubt that fossils are the main factors behind the development of society. Today, the world is entirely different from the pre-industrial era. But as we keep progressing, we realise that resources that allowed us to progress would also become our greatest enemy. Here are reasons are quitting fossils is so challenging.
- Some still believe that fossils are a wise choice for energy generation. They argue that it is difficult to phase out their utilisation.
- Fossils are formed millions of years back. So there is no production requirement, unlike renewables.
- Some believe that working with fossil fuels is the source of their income generation. Are people protecting their jobs or destroying the environment?
- Some believe that renewables are spreading fast, but they have their limits. Like the wind, power flows only when the wind blows. Similarly, solar is when the sun shines.
Astillas- A sustainable fuel
Astillas, a type of renewable biofuels. It is manufacture from natural products like cashew shells, de-oiled cashew cake, sawdust, groundnut shell, and seasoned wood chips. This blend generates lesser emissions as compared to other fuels. It burns clean and has better combustion characteristics than any other biomass fuel in the market. Its key features include:
- Transparency– Firstly, Astillas offer complete transparency in its constituents unlike densified fuels like briquettes and pellets.
- Customization– Secondly, different size and constituents is customize as per your location and requirement.
- Burnability– Further, Astillas burn more efficiently than any other fuel due to lower bulk density and higher calorific value.
- Cost-effectiveness- Likewise the fuel is manufacture using low-cost local biomass sources at minimal processing.
Biomass fuel is an excellent alternative to fossil fuels, especially for the environment. There is an urgent need in the present time to switch to renewable energy, and Steamax is here to help. If you have any questions about Astillas, please feel free to contact us today.