India’s energy sector is experiencing a transition towards renewable energy. Uttar Pradesh emerged as a role model in terms of biofuel production in the state. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directs the concerned officials to prepare a bioenergy policy to promote biofuel production. The state government is trying to promote bio-energy projects like Compressed Biogas, Bio coal, Ethanol and Biodiesel. Thus, it will strengthen the renewable energy base in India with the promise of integrating green energy into our day-to-day lives while decreasing dependence on fossil fuels.
Biofuel in every UP district
According to the Chief Minister, efforts should be made to establish at least one biofuel unit in all 75 districts. As per reports, setting up biofuel plants and storing vacant biomass, land in the village, revenue land, and sugar mill premises must be utilised.
According to the new policy, efforts should be made to achieve the target of producing 500 tonnes of Compressed Bio Gas per day in the next five years. By doing so, we will be able to achieve the target of producing 1.5 lakh tonnes per annum. Similarly, the target of 2000 tonnes per day for bio coal, biodiesel and bioethanol must be the focus. Thus, the benefits of bioproduction include
- It will help meet energy needs, generate additional income, and give employment.
- Domestic biofuel production therefore, can reduce the consumption of imported fossil fuels.
- Promoting biofuels will help reduce dependence on crude oil.
- Thus, using biofuel would reduce carbon emissions and promote a cleaner environment.
The Biofuel policy 2022
The policy will be in place for five years and is expect to bring in an investment of Rs 5,500 crore. According to the policy, municipal waste, agricultural and mandi waste, and that from sugar mills could be process into biofuel. It, in turn, would help reduce pollution by preventing waste burning. The subsidy under the policy includes:
- For compressed biogas, a subsidy of Rs 75 lakh per ton, up to a maximum of Rs 20 crore.
- For bio coal, a subsidy of 75,000 per ton, up to a maximum of Rs 20 crore.
- Also, the government will pay for five km of the approach road for plants with an investment of Rs 50 crore or more.
Steamax: Join the Green Tribe
We help industries to reduce air pollution and cut their fuel cost by 50% by helping them shift towards clean biomass fuel. We have been in the biomass fuel industry for the last 15 years. Our technologies include:
- Durable and customised clean biomass fuel.
- Services for facilities like boilers, heaters, hot air generators, thermic fuel heaters, burners etc.
- Also, providing new systems as well as up-gradation of existing facilities.
Thus, at Steamax, developing new and cost-effective biomass fuels is the topmost priority. Want to know more about us more – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-9315124803.