Today various types of industrial boilers are powering industries. Well, the importance of these boilers is not unknown to us! Every industry must set up its boiler unit to generate steam for utility or power generation. Usually, these boilers consume a lot of fuel, require high maintenance, generate carbon emissions etc. These boilers are usually oil or gas-fired. So, Steamax came up with a solution of a mini OBR Kit.
Conversion of Diesel/gas Vertical boilers to Biomass
Vertical boilers are commonly used in hostels, pharma, mining, etc. They have a capacity of 600 kg/h to 850 Kg/h. But one of the main issues with these boilers is that they are gas or diesel-fired. So, isn’t this interesting that these boilers can convert to Biomass? So, the benefits of vertical boiler include:
- These are compact. Users can shift between Biomass & gas or oil within a few hours.
- Boilers are design to meet the government emission norms and don’t require any change in the pressure parts. Therefore, there are no requirements for IBR approvals.
- Require Low CAPEX(<50% of the new boiler).
Let us understand how this conversion happens.
- A vertical boiler consists of a simple cylindrical shell and coil. In these coils, water enters through the bottom and converts to steam as it travels up.
- In vertical boilers, gas or diesel burners are install at the top. The diesel burner is removed to install Mini OBR Kit, and a biomass furnace is placed below. As a result, the boiler is lift to a specific elevation to accommodate the biomass furnace.
- The mini-OBR kit has an automatic fuel feeding system and air preheating system for efficient combustion.
- To control the particulate emissions, a multi-clone dust collector (MCD) is added, along with the ID fan, to overcome the pressure drop.
Steamax’s Conversion of Diesel boiler to Biomass
Steamax recently converted a diesel-fired Thermax-make Revomax boiler capacity of 650 kg/hr to Biomass. Thus, the benefits of this conversion include the following:
- The customer was earlier using HSD, costing them INR 98/L. The customer was spending nearly INR 2,00,000 on diesel. By shifting to Biomass, they could reduce the fuel cost by 50%.
- The reduced steam generation cost enabled them to gain a competitive advantage and increase the number of batches.
- Therefore, the payback period of the retrofitting was less than three months.
There is an immediate need for a solution which effectively controls the pollution but not at the expense of such a massive jump in fuel costs. Therefore, Steamax has worked closely with numerous industries to develop suitable technology and new biomass fuels for their application. If you want to know more about them, Contact +91-9315124803 or mail us at Info@steamaxindia.com.