In June 2022, the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) issued an order that approved using cleaner fuels like piped natural gas (PNG) and biomass while prohibiting polluting fuels such as coal. The CAQM also issued a subsequent order for Delhi industries to transition to these cleaner fuels by September 9, 2022, for those with existing PNG infrastructure, and by December 31, 2022, for those in areas without such infrastructure.
Barriers for Delhi industries towards cleaner fuels.
While this is undoubtedly a positive development, several significant roadblocks still need to be address if this shift towards cleaner fuels is effective and sustainable.
- To shift from coal or coke-fired boiler to PNG boilers, Industries need to make a substantial investment. It entails installing PNG pipelines, a new PNG boiler, and various auxiliary equipments.
- Due to several factors, including the ongoing global crisis, the supplier has provided only 70-80% of the contracted PNG to industries with PNG supply.
- Also, many layers of state taxation are impose on PNG before it reaches the industries, making the fuel economically unviable, especially for small and medium-scale industries.
A way forward with affordable biomass fuel
Unlike the expensive PNG fuel, companies can afford to transition towards cleaner fuel like biomass. Biomass firing in industries ultimately aims to eradicate stubble burning on fields and subsequently improve the air quality in Delhi-NCR. Industries in Delhi-NCR that use biomass-fueled boilers must take appropriate measures to reduce particulate matter emissions to 50 micrograms per cubic meter. So, how can companies achieve this? Just sit back and relax, as Steamax is here to help!
Achieve Lower PM emissions with Steamax.
Steamax has introduced an innovative Oil to Biomass Retrofit (OBR) Kit. It has the potential to significantly reduce fuel consumption and particulate emissions below 80 mg/Nm3.
- Steamax specializes in designing and manufacturing efficient combustion systems that help industries burn biomass more completely. Thus, reducing particulate emissions and improving overall efficiency.
- Our OBR kit is designed for industries switching to biomass. Additionally, it has automatic fuel-feeding systems that optimize combustion by controlling the fuel feed rate and air supply.
- Also, the kit provides various emission control technologies, including cyclone separators, bag filters, and scrubbers, to help industries control particulate emissions.
What about biomass fuel? Don’t worry; we can help you with that too. Steamax has developed a high-quality biomass fuel called Astillas, which has a calorific value of more than 4200 Kcal/Kg. This fuel can help industries reduce particulate emissions and improve combustion efficiency. Contact us today to explore how we can help you achieve your sustainability goals.