Air pollution is a significant environmental and public health concern in many cities worldwide, and Delhi is no exception. Despite efforts to improve air quality, the city continues to struggle with high levels of air pollution, particularly in winters. One factor contributing to this problem is the rapid night-time growth of nanoparticles. It is driven by emissions from biomass burning.
Wood burning is a common practice for the significant population in the Indo Gangetic plain, thus affecting the health of 5% of the world’s population. During the winter months, when the air in Delhi is already heavily polluted, biomass burning exacerbates the problem, leading to a thick layer of smog that can linger for days or weeks.
Air pollution caused by Nanoparticles
Nanoparticles are tiny particles that measure less than 100 nanometers in diameter emit from various sources, including combustion engines, industrial processes, and construction activities.
- Nanoparticles are form when gases such as sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides combine with other particles in the atmosphere to form new particles.
- It can significantly impact human health as they can penetrate deep into the lungs and even enter the bloodstream.
- It has been link to respiratory and cardiovascular diseases and other health problems such as cancer and neurological disorders.
Therefore, effective utilization of biomass can be an effective solution to address the pollution problem. With more than 3000 industries located across the Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR), industrial pollution adds about 20 per cent to the poor air quality. So, Steamax introduced Oil to biomass Retrofit kit (OBR), resulting in zero carbon emissions. Thus maintaining a sustainable and pollution-free environment.
Oil to Biomass Retrofit Kit
- Steamax designs and manufactures efficient combustion systems that help industries burn biomass more completely, reducing particulate emissions and improving overall efficiency. Our OBR kit is design for industries that use gas or other fuel and want to switch to biomass.
- The automatic fuel feeding systems help optimize combustion by controlling the fuel feed rate and air supply. With 90+ installations, we are India’s choice biomass feeding system supplier.
- Steamax provides various emission control technologies, such as cyclone separators, bag filters, or scrubbers, that help industries control particulate emissions.
- We also offer boiler operation and maintenance services to ensure that equipment functions optimally and any malfunctions are settle.
Air pollution originates after the burning of fossil fuels in industries. The issue needs immediate interventions. We take charge of your every problem, from equipment to fuel supply to operation and maintenance. Take a green step with Steamax. Please feel free to contact us for any queries.