Climate change is one of our most significant obstacles, as it hinders our chances of survival. One such obstacle is Air pollution. The Air Quality Index (AQI) of Mumbai nearly dropped to the ‘Very Poor’ category at the beginning of the last month. The AQI recorded on 18 December 2022 is 293, regarded as ‘Poor’ and is just eight points away from the ‘Very Poor’ category. Thus, according to Experts, rapid construction, adverse weather conditions, and vehicle and industrial emissions are some of the factors responsible for the deteriorating air quality.
The impact of industrial pollution
Industrial pollution is wreaking havoc on Earth. It is estimated that about 50% of all pollution results from industrial and manufacturing activities. Industrial pollution takes on many faces. It contaminates several drinking water sources, releases unwanted toxins into the air and reduces soil quality worldwide. Let us understand the impacts of industrial pollution.
- Industries release into the atmosphere a variety of greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4).
- Emissions from industries contain gaseous contaminants resulting in several illnesses, environmental hazards, formation of acid rains, etc.
- Industrial pollution results in wildlife getting affected severely. Habitats are being lost, and species are becoming extinct.
- Damage to structures and buildings and increased risks of different occupational hazards.
Every industry has to set up its boiler unit to generate Steam. Usually, these boilers consume a lot of fuel, require high maintenance, generate carbon emissions and run on fossil-based fuels. Hence, industries need to make enormous investments in shifting to an alternative fuel. So, what’s the solution ultimately? Looking into all the above considerations, Steamax developed an innovative Oil to Biomass Retrofit Kit (OBR) solution.
Steamax’s OBR Kit
Retrofitting the existing diesel/gas-fired system with the OBR kit is the easiest method to switch to biomass. The OBR allows oil and gas-fired boilers to use biomass while keeping the particulate emissions under the limit.
- Firstly, OBR has an automatic fuel-feeding system. Manual feeding of biomass results in incomplete combustion, uncontrolled excess air, and lower furnace temperatures, which increase pollution emissions.
- Secondly, OBR offers flexible fuel options. OBR is compatible with multiple biomass fuels. Thus, even if there is a change in the government norms banning biomass usage, the customer would have the option to roll back to gas or diesel within a couple of hours.
- Furthermore, the OBR kit consists of an auto fuel and ash removal system. It reduces labour efforts and costs, providing hygienic conditions to workers.
- Also, OBR includes highly efficient pollution control devices such as Multi clone Dust Collectors (MDC), bag filters, wet scrubbers etc., as per the government norms.
OBR ensures about a 40-50% reduction in fuel costs compared to gas and oils. So, take a green shift towards biomass with Steamax. Please get in touch with us with your queries at – +91-9315124803 (Aditya Mahajan) or mail us at – Info@steamaxindia.com.